Every year, AWS’ re:Invent conference offers a glimpse into the future of a world engrossed in the cloud. AWS continues to grow at an impressive pace, and Onica is excited to be a part of AWS re:Invent. An immersive experience with a variety of events aimed at giving an all-access pass to AWS expertise, technical content, and learning opportunities, re:Invent offers the allure of enhancing knowledge of the cloud while engaging with the fast-paced world of AWS. The Onica team will be very active around the conference to not only support AWS’ new endeavours, but also offer valuable insights into cloud issues your company may be facing.
Perhaps the most exciting event for Onica at this re:Invent will be the unveiling of IoTanium. The IoTanium Development Board is expected to offer businesses an edge by facilitating IoT time to production and allowing companies to focus on the value of the IoT application rather than on other time consuming tasks such as connectivity, charging, provisioning, device management, and security. AWS re:Invent will be the first time IoTanium is unveiled to the public, and will offer insights into the power of IoT in building and connecting devices, collecting data, and performing real-time and batch analytics.
Here is where you can expect to find Onica at re:Invent:
- 5-6 pm: Welcome reception Meet us at the User Group Booth in the Developer Lounge at the Venetian Expo Hall
- 8:30-10:30 am: Global Partner Summit Keynote
- Terry Wise, VP of Global Alliances, Ecosystems, and Channels at AWS, will be sharing his expertise regarding AWS.
- 3 pm: Join us at the New Relic Booth in Aria for a Lightning Talk
- 4-6pm: World User Group Leader Summit at the Venetian
- Allice Shandler, Event Marketing Manager, will be giving a lightning presentation on the success of running AWS User Groups across Canada.
- 6-8pm: Industrial IoT Happy Hour at the Mont Royal at the Cosmopolitan
- Join us for drinks and appetizers at our happy hour! We will be discussing mining, oil & gas, energy, and manufacturing industries and how they utilize their industrial equipment.
- 10-1 pm: IoTanium Booth at the Marketplace Experience Hub in Aria
- 10:15 am: IoTanium presentation at the Marketplace Experience Hub in the Aria
- Eric Miller, VP of Solutions Development at Onica, will be discussing and sharing his expertise on IoT.
- 11:30am – 12:30pm: Understand the State of Your IoT Devices
- Tolga Tarhan, CTO at Onica, will be sharing some of his expertise with IoT devices.
- 3:00-3:30 pm: Dev Chat DeepLens: Machine Learning on the Edge by Mency Woo at the Developer Lounge in Venetian Expo Hall
- Learn about AWS DeepLens, the first deep learning enabled developer kit. This Dev Chat will explore the role of DeepLens in machine learning and how this device will integrate into edge computing. With DeepLens, some potential projects could involve face detection and audience response tracking.
If you’re going to be at re:Invent and want to get in touch with us, we’d love to hear from you. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bookmark our AWS Announcements page to stay up to date on all the latest AWS news coming out of re:Invent or Subscribe to our blog.