Your Vision Achieved through Ours
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized for nearly twenty years as one of Engineering News Record’s Top 500 Design Firms in the country. From small-town infrastructure to federal design-build projects, and from large mixed-use communities to urban in-fill projects, Timmons Group has built a reputation of excellence since they first opened their doors in 1953.
Moving Applications & Databases to AWS
Timmons Group reached out to Onica to design the new AWS infrastructure for their .NET applications and SQL databases that were previously running on-premises. As part of the project, we did the following:
- Built a new AWS infrastructure using AWS CloudFormation
- Configured .NET applications and systems using AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Ran Microsoft SQL Server 2016 on Amazon Relational Database Service
- Designed and deployed a continuous integration and automated delivery solution for the applications
- Created a backup strategy leveraging automation and tools like Amazon Elastic Block Store and Amazon Relational Database Service
- Designed and implemented Amazon CloudWatch monitoring and log aggregation tools
Automation brings efficiency
Timmon’s applications were completely replatformed and now leverage AWS. Moving to the cloud has provided them with many benefits, including ease of use, flexibility, lower costs, reliability, scalability, high performance, and security. Automation now brings efficiency, as the firm’s development teams can simply upload their code and AWS Elastic Beanstalk handles the deployment, from capacity provisioning, load balancing, and auto-scaling to application health monitoring.
Onica is a large and fast growing Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partners, helping companies enable, operate, and innovate on the cloud. From migration strategy to operational excellence, cloud native development, and immersive transformation, Onica is a full spectrum AWS integrator. Learn more at www.onica.com.